Practical assignment ( observation and analysis
Design your own printing checklist form.
- Check colours
- Dobbel check if brand
- Check black
- Spot colours already use in file
- Remove unused colours before packaging the file
- Bledd area
- Crop marks
- Papper quality
Research, written and practical assignment ( problem solving )
- Use the magazine style brochure that you designed in Module 5. Add a spot varnish to the cover and change the design to use spot colours. ( You are welcome also make layout changes if you want to. ) For your magazine, use a spot varnish for the cover and design it using two sport colours.
- Make use of your checklist that you designed and prepare the file for print.
- Decide what paper weight and type you will use.
- Decide what type of binding you will use, for example, saddle stick, perfect bind, etc. (See the printing terms link.)
- Upload the print-ready PDF to your blog and post screenshots of your packaged files, and instructions.
Make sure to include the instructions ( like spot varnish, paper choice and blinding ) in the file.
For this lesson task I have a little bit bad time. So, I think I did not do it good enough like it should be but I try my best I can. Sometime in the future if I have time, I will look back at this lesson task one more time and try to do it better than now.
This is the cover that I have added a spot varnish to the cover and change the design to use spot colours.
For this Magazine style brochure, I decide to use paper weight 90gsm and type silk coated paper. For the type of binding I will use saddle stich.
This is the print-ready PDF
- Watch the videos provided below
- Complete the LinkedIn Learning exercise files and submit it with your assignment
You must be logged in to post a comment.